Schlage is the world’s largest manufacturer of keyless entry systems for residential entry doors. Their most popular keyless entry locksets employ a 10-key mechanical keypad that opens the lock when you push buttons to enter a 4-digit code programmed into the lockset. This type of lockset can store up to 19 different individual codes, allowing you to set temporary codes to allow access to your home by babysitters, service professionals, or others. You can enable or disable any of these codes at any time.
- Step 1 – Locate and write down the six-digit programming code for your Schlage keyless entry. This is the first code you will enter, and it will activate the lockset, allowing you to do all of the programming. The original programming code can be found on the yellow sticker on the installation instructions for your keyless lock-set or on the backside of the deadbolt lock.
- Step 2 – Using the number keys on the keypad, enter this six-digit programming code. Wait three times for the “Schlage” button to flash amber or orange and beep. To indicate that the lock is ready for reprogramming, the “Schlage” button will remain illuminated. To perform various programming functions on your lockset, follow the instructions below.
- Step 3 – To add a new entry code, press the “Schlage” button and the number “1” button at the same time. Wait three times for the “Schlage” button to beep and flash.
- Step 4 – Enter a new four-digit code and wait three times for the “Schlage” button to flash and beep. To confirm the change, enter the same four-digit code again. To indicate a successful reprogramming, the “Schlage” button will beep a long beep and flash green.
- Step 5 – To remove an entry code, follow these steps: Enter the six-digit entry code, then simultaneously press the “Schlage” button and the number “2” button to remove a previous entry code; the “Schlage” button will flash and beep three times. Enter the four-digit entry code to be removed, and the “Schlage” button will flash and beep three times. For confirmation, enter the same four-digit entry code again. The “Schlage” button will beep once and flash green, indicating that your previous entry code has been successfully deleted.
Be the first to start a conversation